Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Time Alone Since the Wedding

I have decided that walking alone through an airport is the most depressing thing ever. I had just left Sam at the security checkpoint, and was walking towards my car thinking this. Whether you are leaving on a trip and no one is there to see you off, whether you just dropped off a loved one that is going on a trip or going home, or whether you just came back from a trip and no one is there to meet you, it just sucks.
It's my first time dropping sam off at the airport. We've done deployments before, but normally he drops me off at the airport. I guess now that we're married it's the other way around.
Iit's been a long long time since I've lived alone, and although I have my pup, Emery, here, the apartment has an odd ghostly silence that I am not fond of at all. I have a feeling the next five and a half months of my marriage are going to be very long indeed. This wouldn't be so bad if I still had the support of friends that I did when he was in Korea, but so much has changed, and with that
I had to leave so many behind for my new life.
I know I will get through it, and I know I will learn and grow, and our love will be stronger for it, but dang it sucks. It's part of my life now, but I don't want it to be.
I'm going to go shop my pain away then drive to Lawton to drop off Emery at my mom's before driving to Altus to celebrate Sam's mom's fiftieth birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment