Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A month of madness..

So it's been a month since Sam came home and it's been a crazy one indeed. My last post was a little cryptic so I'm going to take the time here to fill in a little better what has been going on.

Sam returned on a Saturday. Sunday evening he informed me that he had a doctor's appt on Monday morning to start doing tests and such to diagnose him with testicular cancer. I felt like my world ended right then. I didn't know anything about that particular type of cancer, and I freaked out. I was so afraid in those first five minutes that I was going to lose him.
After the doctor's appt his squadron took him off his deployment rotation, which meant he was set to be in the states indefinitely and they had to find someone and give them a month's notice to deploy for four or more months. That tore Sam up. Sam went through MRI's and such, and it was heck waiting for the results.

The results came back negative. Sam deploys on January first. In a way this whole thing was a blessing in disquise(sp?). I know that deployments are a part of the military life, and I am okay with it. After we first got married though, I had a hard time dealing with the fact that he would leave two months after we were married and miss all our first holidays together. Halloween is my favorite holiday! and then there's thanksgiving, his birthday, christmas, and my6 birthday!
granted, he's still leaving, but I would rather him be gone in the spring instead of the fall.

During all this drama our dog somehow became potty trained! my now five month old puppy, Emery, is the best thing that has happened to me since I married Sam. He's great company during the day. I'm still trying to adjust to being home so much and not working.

Sam also started school. I'm so proud of him. He's never done college coursework before now, and he's so dedicated and looking into ways of becoming an officer or becoming a teacher at Keesler AFB so that we can get out of here. He's done well and been an example of dedication, purpose, and direction.

I started going to the doctor again, and I think I may have found one that is good for me. She seems to want to find out the problem as much as I do. I went to an appt a couple weeks ago and she immediately sent me to have blood work done. It only took forty five minutes to have the blood drawn and I passed out immediately afterward. I have an appt tuesday to discuss results.

I also started school. I'm taking three online classes, marching band, and only one physical class. I'm barely full time. That has also been an adjustment. I've been doing the college thing for three years now, I'm not used to commuting and feeling like a part time student. I kinda hate it.

Marching band has also been hard on me. My medication makes me real sensitive to sunlight, and the past few rehearsals I have been like five seconds from fainting. It's not a fun feeling, and I am sick of feeling weak. But, this is the one class I enjoy, and although oit's hard and extremely painful, I am determined to stick it through and do this as long as my health permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment