Thursday, March 18, 2010

nearing the end...

Life's been crazy. School is going well, I'm actually caught up and passing all of my classes! It's been good to keep busy.

Three days ago we got a new addition to our family. His name is Jack. Jack is a one year old schnauzer/cairn terrier mix. We got him from a rescue, after spending a year going from home to home, he is a puppy that needs some love! Jack, Sam and I actually have a previous history with one another. A year ago before Sam and I got married we adopted Jack when he was 8 weeks old. After three weeks I lost my job and we could no longer afford to keep Jack. Instead of returning him to the rescue that we got him from, we gave him to a coworker of Sam's, thinking that would be a more stable, and therefore better, alternative. I guess after two or three weeks said coworker gave him away as she was moving. We lost track of Jack from there. Last Friday I was online looking at pictures of rescue puppies to adopt and found a puppy that was the breed, age, and had the same original name (Rolf) as our dear lost puppy. I told sam, he place a call, and three days later I was in possession of this sweet soul!

Jack is very lively, and is a very goo companion for Emery. He has some issues due to neglect and being on the streets, but he just needs some extra love! Aside from seperation anxiety and being a guant chicken he's absolutely perfect! Now to just keep the fact that my one dog is now two from the apartment managers...

In three weeks I am moving on base. I found out that our current apts have already found someone to rent our apartment, which means we are not being charged for breaking lease! Yay! Sam and I have picked out our washer and dryer that will be delivered when I move in, and I am getting excited to decorate our new home! I am slowly getting packed bit by bit, but am finding the list of things I need to do growing the more I check things off.

Yesterday was St Patrick's Day, and I have been spending the break here with my parents. We just heard on the news that a blizzard is expected on Saturday, so my puppies and I will be returning home tomorrow instead of this weekend.

I have been called as a Young Women's advisor in my ward. I work with the beehives(12 and 13 yr olds) and it has been a true blessing upon my life. I was scared at first, I had never had a calling like this before, but I truly enjoy teaching the girls on Sundays. They are so full of life and such energy. It makes me feel a little better to be around them.

Sam is excited to come home. He's been planning our summer trips for months, and I know he is excited to do everything that is involved. He keeps talking of the things we will do. We're on the home stretch now... a month and a half left. It hardly seems real... I'm gonna be married in more then the courts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment