Well, Sam and I have now been in Colorado Springs for a little over a month and a half now. Sam is starting to adjust to his new squadron, he likes it alot. For the time being he is working nights, which is super hard, but oh well. Hopefully it's only until February.
We managed to find a nice house to rent. It's 1600 sq. ft. We have four floors, three bedrooms and two baths. Sam has his garage and the pups are enjoying our backyard with a nice deck and eight trees. There's a family of squirrels that live there. Emery loves to chase them around!
Halloween came and went. Sam and I enjoyed carving Jackolanterns and passing out candy. To celebrate I made a new chili recipe. I think chili on halloween will be a new tradition.
This past week Sam, the pups, and I drove back to Oklahoma. I threw a baby shower for my friend Brittany, and Sam stayed with his mom and enjoyed seeing his grandmother for awhile. Her health is failing, and we don't know if we will have the chance to see her again. I enjoyed spending time with my parents. We did some Christmas decoration shopping, and went to a craft show. It was a whirlwind three day trip, we got home last night.
Thanksgiving is this week, I am planning on cooking a traditional turkey meal, but it looks like it will be the two of us!
I love the new layout! It's funny we both changed our photos at the top. :) I miss you too already! I'm glad you enjoyed your time here. I hope to see you again soon!
ReplyDeleteI hope he only has to do third shift until February, too :( I'm so happy you have such a beautiful house, expecially after the little apartment- AND now you have beautiful new furniture :) (to match all those picture frames, you know)
ReplyDeleteI don't even have all my pictures on the wall
ReplyDelete